FLSP had a very successful 2022 thanks to all the members and volunteers that contributed their time, talents and funds. Here is a recap of the year:
- The return of Brrrewfest in January supported by a 100 FLSP volunteers.
- Seventy new lanterns to enhance our four annual lit-lantern events which last year had over 600 attendees.
- Three educational Zoom sessions with 120+ participants.
- Installation of the SeeCoast EnChroma Viewer on the Skyline Trail. The installation was the first in the state of Michigan using the EnChroma technology for individuals that are color blind.
- The establishment of the Action Track Chair program to enhance access to the LSP for individuals with mobility challenges. In its introductory year the track chair was used a total of 58 times.
- Support for the LSP Themed Art Exhibit in August at the Ludington Area Center for the Arts.
- The installation of a bike fixing station by the Warming Shelter and the acquisition of a second one to be placed by the Hamlin Beach House.
- The summer guest presenter / entertainment program had 20 events either on a Wednesday or Saturday with total attendance of 2,728.
- Successful returnables program that resulted in the sorting and return of 62,400 cans and bottles.
- 3 Adopt-a-Highway litter pick-up events.
- The initiation of the monthly guided hikes program.
- The installation of a FLSP selfie sign by the Warming Shelter.
- The return of the LSP Fall Festival and Wagon Ride with over 700 attendees, 500 of which took a wagon ride.
- 114 paid memberships which includes 10 lifetime members, and represents 160+ individuals.
With your help and participation we look forward to a very successful 2023!